Best Lines to Say to End Your Video in a Memorable Way
So, you’ve put in a lot of work to create a compelling YouTube video that’s sure to keep audiences engaged from start to finish. However, you’re struggling to find the perfect video ending, and you just don’t know what to say to your target audience at the end. If this scenario perfectly describes your situation right now, don’t worry – we’re here to help.
In this article, we’ll tell you all about the importance of YouTube outros, and how you can finish your videos by saying the right things, i.e. things that people remember. So, without any further delay, let’s get right into it!
What is a YouTube outro, and why is it important?
Your YouTube outros are the ways in which you end your videos. Different YouTubers have different approaches towards ending their respective videos, but the most successful YouTubers have one thing in common – they almost always say something memorable at the end. Now why do you think they do that?
Well, the reason for saying something memorable at the end is quite simple – it makes videos feel complete and cohesive. Think about it – you have a killer introduction and an intriguing main content body, but you fail to engage audiences with your ending. How do you think that will impact your YouTube subscribers? In most cases, below-par endings will be perceived as letdowns, which can affect your audience’s future behavior towards your channel adversely. And you don’t want that to happen, right?
Memorable lines at the end will also contribute to increasing the watch time of your channel, i.e. the time viewers spend watching videos on your channel. If you didn’t know it already, watch time has become one of YouTube’s most important metrics. Quite simply, the more watch time your channel has, the more help you’ll receive from the YouTube algorithm in terms of discoverability.
So, with that being said, let’s move on to the next section, where we give you examples of what you can say for memorable video endings.
The best lines for your YouTube video endings
Now that you know what YouTube outros are and why they are of importance, let’s look at examples that you can put into practice in your videos for some truly memorable endings:
- ‘Thank you for watching’: Countless YouTubers use this line during their video closing sections, and even though it might feel cliché, you shouldn’t underestimate its power. This line is all about expressing gratitude to your viewers who stuck around until the very end of your video. We already mentioned the importance of watch time previously, and the viewers who are consuming the entirety of the content across your videos are the ones contributing to it the most. So, say this line from the heart, and it’ll feel rewarding to your viewers, even though they may have heard it hundreds and thousands of times before on other channels.
- ‘Become a member on Patreon for exclusive content’: Platforms like Patreon and Buy Me A Coffee have become huge for YouTubers, as they allow content creators to make money from their audiences via donations. In return, creators typically reward their audiences with exclusive content such as early access to upcoming videos and behind-the-scenes footage. So, if you don’t have an account on Patreon or Buy Me A Coffee yet, it’s about time you set one up. Once your account on either platform is ready, include a call-to-action (CTA) message during your video closing sections to encourage audiences to become members. Not all your viewers will become members, but the ones who do will go a long way towards supporting you on your YouTube journey.
- ‘If you like what you saw, consider subscribing to the channel’: Gone are the days when simply saying ‘Subscribe!’ would result in subscribers. These days, the majority of content creators are taking a far more measured approach. This line clearly implies that the ultimate decision to subscribe or not to subscribe rests with the viewer. It also expresses a certain condition, i.e. the viewer has to have enjoyed the content to consider subscribing. Sure, you might be thinking, ‘it’s not a big deal’ – but the fact is that it is. Saying this line will also make you come across to your viewers as a humble individual, which is bound to increase the chances of them actually hitting the subscribe button.
- ‘Visit my official website. You can find the link in the description’: If you have an official website, you should promote it at the end of your video as well. The easiest way to do this is to include the link to the website in the description section, which appears right below the video. You should ideally do this before you publish the video when you’re filling up all the essential information such as title, tags, description, etc. This line will encourage viewers to check out your official website, which will be helpful in increasing your website traffic. Also, if your website sells products, it means there’s a chance that your viewers may consider buying.
- ‘Follow me on my social media’: If you have a YouTube channel, you must also have pages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms. The best thing is that you can use your YouTube videos to increase your followers across all your social media pages by using this simple line. Again, not all viewers will decide to follow your social media handles, but even a few people deciding to become followers will increase your engagement on other platforms. You can back this line up by including the links to your social media pages in the description section. As you say this line, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to show viewers what they can expect from your Facebook and/or Instagram page by including a few photos.
- ‘Let me know what you think in the comments section’: Again, this is a line that has been used over and over again by YouTubers, but the fact is that despite being overused, it’s incredibly effective. This line is a great way to encourage viewers to write down their opinions in your YouTube comments section. It does two things – it makes users feel valued by you, i.e. you want to know their opinions, and it also increases your user engagement on YouTube. Like watch time, user engagement is a metric of mammoth importance on YouTube. Channels that receive a lot of user engagement tend to be pushed towards the top of YouTube search results pages by the platform’s algorithm. Additionally, it gives you the chance to participate in conversations with your audiences.
- ‘Leave a like and share this video’: A video with a high number of likes is typically viewed by more people in the future, as viewers typically equate the number of likes with the quality of the video. So, don’t forget to ask for likes from your viewers. It’s important to remember that YouTube disabled the dislike display, i.e. you’ll be able to see how many people disliked the video on YouTube Studio, but your viewers won’t. So, the more likes your video has, the better the impression it will make on your viewers. Also, encourage audiences to share your video, as shares will help your video gain new viewers across the internet landscape.
- ‘See you in the next one’: This is the line you should preferably use right at the very end before your video comes to a close. It gives viewers a feeling of continuity, i.e. you will be publishing more content in the future and you look forward to sharing it with them. This line also adds a human touch to your video, as people typically say the phrase ‘see you again’ when they go their separate ways after a meeting. Even though this line won’t do as much as some of the other lines we covered previously, you should still include it in every video that you publish.
So, there you have it – the best lines to say to end your video in a memorable way. Of course, feel free to give these lines your own unique spin to make them reflective of what your brand is all about. However, make sure that you include most of them for complete endings to your videos. You can obviously choose to not use these lines as well, but that would most likely result in your video ending abruptly, which won’t be taken to kindly by your audiences. So, include as many of them as possible, and they will certainly give you results in the long run.
It’s almost time for us to conclude this article, but before we do, we want to tell you about SubPals. A software tool that has been developed and designed for brands and content creators new to YouTube, SubPals can help you become successful on YouTube in various ways. From YouTube likes to subscribers to comments to YouTube views – SubPals is what you need for your channel to establish a firm footing in the fiercely competitive YouTube landscape. So, try it out and experience it for yourself – you won’t be disappointed!
Also on SubPals
How to Go About with Keyword Research for YouTube Marketing?
In the present era of digitization, YouTube marketing has come to assume an extremely crucial place in the entire digital marketing landscape. There are quite a few reasons why YouTube has become the second-largest search…
Working with YouTube Influencers to Grow Your Business
An influencer on YouTube typically has a large number of YouTube subscribers and receives several million YouTube views for their videos. They have the ability to influence their audience because of the knowledge they possess…
Making Use of Podcasts on Your YouTube Channel
A podcast represents a digital audio file that’s available to download from the Internet and is usually presented in the form of a series where new subscribers can listen to it at their own convenience….